Woodcliff Lake Municipal Pool Rules
The following rules and regulations are for the benefit of all members. They have been established to ensure safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities. All members are to obey all the rules and regulations and instructions of the Manager and staff employees at all times. Parents are requested to read and explain these rules to their children. Any failure to comply with these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for immediate suspension of pool privileges of the offending person by management. The Woodcliff Lake Pool Committee shall establish additional rules as required.
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED IN THE WATER UNLESS A LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY
- Children under the age of 13 years of age shall not be permitted unless accompanied by a responsible member 16 years of age or older. THIS MEMBER MUST REMAIN WITH THE CHILD AT THE POOL, AND BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUPERVISION OF THE CHILD WHILE IN THE WATER AND OTHER POOL AREAS. IF A CHILD IS LEFT UNATTENDED AFTER ENTERING-THE POOL, MEMBERSHIP WILL BE REVOKED.
- ALL MEMBERS WILL BE ISSUED IDENTIFICATION BADGES WHICH MUST BE SHOWN AT THE FRONT GATE FOR ADMISSION TO THE POOL, INCLUDING SWIM LESSONS, AND BE READILY AVAILABLE WHILE ON POOL PROPERTY.
- Illegal transfer of badges or giving of false information or defacing of identification badges will result in suspension or revocation of membership.
- Lost identification badges must be reported to the Pool Manager immediately. Anew identification badge will be issued at a cost of $25 at Borough Hall.
- ALL BATHERS, INCLUDING BABIES, MUST WEAR BATHING SUITS. CHILDREN 3 YEARS OF AGE AND YOUNGER MUST WEAR RUBBER OR PLASTIC SWIM PANTS (available for sale at the pool).
- FOLLOWING A FECAL ACCIDENT, THE POOL WILL IMMEDIATELY BE CLEARED OF SWIMMERS FOR A MINIMUM OF ONE HOUR. THE CHLORINE RESIDUAL WILL BE CHECKED AND ADJUSTED APPROPRIATELY. THIS PROCEDURE IS RECOMMENDED BY THE BOARD OF HEALTH.
- Any person having a communicable disease, open blisters or cuts, or inflamed eyes, nose or mouth infections, excessive sunburn or any type of skin disease, will be excluded from the pool area. No person wearing any type of bandage, cast or band-aid will be permitted in the pool.
- No inflatable water paraphernalia, except approved swimmies, will be allowed within the pool area. Snorkels, fins, masks or other swimming aids shall be permitted only by special permission. A child with swimmies must have an adult with them at all times in the water.
- All guests must be accompanied by a pool member who must remain on pool grounds with their guests.
- Children 12 and under must take a deep water test each year. Passing the test allows use of the Diving Boards and Slide.
- Dressing and undressing shall be permitted only in the locker rooms and shall not be permitted in the parking area (ALL AGES INCLUDED).
- ALL FOOD SHALL BE SERVED AND CONSUMED WITHIN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY.
- Destruction or defacing of property will result in suspension or revocation of membership and immediate expulsion from the property. The Park and Recreation Department will bring suit to recover any damage to its property.
- Management has the right to inspect all coolers before entering the facility. No Glass, Alcohol, or Smoking Allowed.
- The operation of portable radios, television, CD players with the use of headsets only are permitted.
- In the event of thunder or lightning the pool and pool deck will be cleared for 30 minutes or until danger has passed. As stated by the National Weather Service.
- The Pool Manager or Assistant Manager may close or limit the swimming pool facilities whenever, in their judgment, such action is deemed necessary for the protection of the health or safety of the pool membership.
Violation of any of these rules for the first time could result in a suspension of membership for one week or revocation of membership.