Nick Saluzzi, Building Department
The Building Department is open from 8;00 to 4:00 p.m.., Monday through Friday.
You may drop off or pick up forms at any time; however the Construction Code Official might not be on-site at this time.
The Construction Code Official is Nick Saluzzi who can be reached directly at
(201)391-4977, extension 213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technical Assistant is Tonya Tardibuono who can be reached directly at
(201) 391-4977, extension 209 or e-mail email@example.com
The Borough of Woodcliff Lake is pleased to offer various forms and applications through the website. Please follow the instruction on each form below to ensure that proper action will be taken. In addition, please be sure that the appropriate payment accompanies the form if one is required. If you have any questions, please call the Building Department.
Building Department FORMS - Click HERE
Construction Code Office
All Construction in New Jersey is regulated under the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code. This code is designed to ensure uniform standards of all phases of construction in each municipality in the state. It is to the benefit of everyone as consumers and/or property owners to apply for the various construction permits required, because, a) the materials of construction meet codes; b) contractors and suppliers can be checked, and c) standards of construction, installations and workmanship are assured by the municipal inspectors
Construction Code Officer is responsible for all plan review, permitting and inspections.
You Can Download Forms from the State of New Jersey Website: http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/codes/resources/constructionpermitforms.htm
BUILDING DEPARTMENT COMMENTS AND ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
So many questions come in on a daily basis that we thought it might be helpful to list as many answers and information that we can think of. This may help you make decisions regarding the maintenance of your home, building additions, alterations and whatever other problems you may be experiencing. Remember, this is only a guide, and if what you are looking for is not here, or you do not understand our comments, please feel free to call us any morning between 8:30AM and 10:30 AM on extension 209.
- You can get detail information on any code and/or ordinance by logging onto wclnj.com.
- Parking cars on the grass and/or parking unregistered cars in your driveway is not permitted.
- Lightweight commercial vehicles are not permitted in front yards (driveways).
- Recreational vehicles/boats/trailers are not permitted in front yards (driveways).
- Signs are not permitted in the public right-of-way, including utility poles.
- Garden and tool sheds, less than 100 sq. ft., must be located in the rear yard, a minimum of 10 feet from the rear and side property lines. A zoning permit is required.
- Garden, tool sheds and cabanas over 100 sq, ft. must be on a foundation, require a construction and zoning permit, and be located in accordance with required zoning setbacks.
- Swimming pools (above & in-ground), including walks, patios, decks, equipment and cabanas, under 100 sq. ft., must be located in the rear yard, 20 feet from the rear and side property lines.
- Five-foot solid fences with one-foot lattice are permitted in the rear of your front building line. Four-foot fences are permitted in the front of your building line. A zoning permit is required.
- Four foot fences (pool barriers) are required around in-ground pools and the ladders of above-ground pools. Construction and zoning permits are required.
- If you live on a corner lot, the triangular distance of 25 feet from each corner must have a clear vision for oncoming traffic. Fences and shrubs are to be a maximum of three feet high.
- Every dwelling erected shall have at least a one car garage.
- Incidental home professions or occupations, although permitted in some cases, are regulated by our ordinance and require a zoning permit.
- Non-conforming structures and their use may be grandfathered; however, you cannot increase their size or use without permission from the Board of Adjustment.
- Driveways are to be a minimum of 5 feet from the property line.
- All business closing hours are from 11:00PM to 5:30AM each day.
- Cutting down trees are regulated by ordinance. Please call the Building Department for a permit.
- A homeowner doing additions and/or building pools shall not occupy the addition or use the pool without first securing your final inspection and receiving your Certificate of Occupancy or Approval.
- Noise restriction during the week: 7AM to 6PM for construction, and 7AM to 7PM for lawn mowers/blowers. On Saturday, 8AM to 5PM for construction and for lawn mowers/blowers 8AM to 7PM. Construction is not permitted on Sundays and holidays, lawn mowers/blowers can operate between 9 AM and 7 PM on Sundays and holidays. Please call the police to report any violations to this ordinance.
- All of the above (and much more) can be reviewed by logging on to our web site. Just click on our Zoning Ordinance, Sign Ordinance, Property Maintenance Ordinance, and/or Fence Ordinance. If you have any questions, please call the Building Department.